I was doing some research about burnout and stumbled upon some wise words from a very naughty diabetic (he maintains a top-secret identity as Llambo but he knows who he is) from a strange virtual land that existed long, long ago.
Anyway I read this list and realised I didn’t have burnout haha, I’m maybe just a bit singed around the edges. How about you? Where do you sit on the burnout spectrum? Not a spark in sight, a pile of ashes or somewhere in between?
If laughter really is the best medicine (except for insulin of course) here’s a possible antidote to burnout.
Top 7 Ways to Recognise if You Have Diabetes Burnout
7. You go to order test strips but they’re no longer on the NDSS form.
6. You have a donut, go to bolus, but realise that instead of bolusing, you’re changing TV channels.
5.You stop enjoying Halle Berry in “Catwoman”. Mmmm Lycra
4. You are out driving and whilst stopped at a red light this guy pulls up next to you with the top down on his new Porsche. You have no idea who it is. That was your endocrinologist.
3. Somebody asks if you are type 1 or type 2 and you can’t remember.
2. You own 5 Novopens (including that ridiculous multi-coloured one) but you can’t find any of them.
And the #1 way to recognise that you have Diabetes Burnout is….drumroll purleeez
1. You finally make an appointment to see an endo, and they tell you that they found a cure 5 years ago. Bugga.
Seriously (or not if you like), do you have ideas about beating burnout or just surviving it? I’d love to hear them.Tweet